



Well, it's been another cool week. This week I found that Mexican candy is disgusting, but is beginning to grow on me. They cover all their candy with salt and chile, which tastes gross but is strangely appealing.
Fun Spanish fact of the week:
"Esposas" can mean two different things in Spanish. In most cases, it means "wives." But it also can mean "handcuffs"! I thought the implications of that were pretty funny.
Transfers is coming up next week. We're pretty sure at least one member of the threesome is leaving, and perhaps two. It'll be interesting to see who it is. I can't believe I'm already done with one transfer here. It's gone by really fast. I've heard that normally it doesn't go by fast your first transfer because you can't understand Spanish, but I've been blessed with fluency at a very early point in my mission.
I'm also sending some pictures finally! Yay! The one labeled #77 is Elder Ray and Elder Chipman (Elder Ray is the tall one on the left). The next two, 78 and 79 are Elders Johnston and Chipman, my companions. #79 is when I asked them to do a "Mexican smile" as we call it (it's what we call a frown in English; Mexicans don't normally smile for pictures). And #80 is Elder Miles looking...great. I'll send more pictures of the apartment and from the MTC in the future. That's all the attachment space I have right now.
Love you guys,
Elder Grasley
P.S. We set another baptismal date last night with the husband of one of our recent converts. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment