We had a good week this week. Estrella's really starting to take off. I'm so proud of our little ward.
First, we have a baptism coming up on Saturday. Yay! She's super ready. She found the Church through her boyfriend who lives in California and when she got to us she already was pretty much ready to be baptized. It's been nice teaching someone so prepared. We really haven't had to drag her to do anything. Her boyfriend's gonna come down from California to baptize her. She even made her own personal invitations to invite people to her baptism. We joked with her that they should say "Mr. & Mrs. Fulano are pleased to announce the baptism of their daughter So & So by What's His Face on March the 10th 2011. You are invited to a post-baptism reception in their honor..."
We have one other guy with a baptismal date. He's the boyfriend of a member. He's a pretty cool kid. He's been taking the Book of Mormon to school and reading it there. It's surprising to me that a high schooler would do something like that. We've already taught him most of what he needs to know as far as the lessons go.
Other than that we had a good experience when we ran into a guy who used to take the lessons about a year ago in a different ward. He invited us to come back to his house and start teaching him again. One of the first things he told us when we sat down with him was "I want to get baptized." Needless to say, we're pretty excited about him. My old companion Elder Zeledon actually used to teach him. He told me he was gonna get baptized before but his mom scared him off. But now he's not living with his mom, so it seems like it might be his time.
Oh, I forgot to write you all about this a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago we convinced one of the English Elders we live with that Barack Obama was going to get baptized. He's one of those really innocent and gullible people, which is terrible for a person like me. So we got him to believe that Obama was getting baptized. And Oprah. He even asked people in his ward if it was true. Some of them told him it wasn't but his companion managed to convince him that they didn't know what they were talking about. I was just amazed that we managed to convince him it was true for a couple of weeks. Finally we had to tell him a few weeks ago. I was a little sad to see it go. It had a far longer run than I ever expected.
Things are going really great here. Elder Lemon's cool. We have a pretty similar deadpan sense of humor. I'm trying to convince him he's good at Spanish. He's one of those missionaries that's good at the language but lacks confidence and so he thinks he's worse than he actually is.
This week we have a leadership training with some representatives from the missionary department up by the temple site. I got invited to go even though I'm not in leadership (?). Still, that'll be cool. I'm looking forward to seeing the work they're doing on the temple.
Well, I love you all.
Elder Grasley
No comments:
Post a Comment