Well, I'm staying. Not really thrilled about that. I just feel like I've been putting so much work into this area and seeing very little come out of it. I just want one time in my mission where I don't have to be the one taking over the area and I don't have to worry about why my area's slow and underperforming.
Well, enough complaining. This week was good. Last P-day we went bowling. I think my favorite thing was that they constantly played 80s music videos. Some of my favorites were Dancing With Myself and When In Rome (The Promise). I love 80s pop. Bowling was all right. It's not my fave. I bowled a better game doing the granny roll than when I rolled normally. I even got a strike doing a granny roll backwards through my legs. I'm not sure if I could duplicate that though.
Things are still a little slow here. Lots of tracting. We have one pretty solid investigator. We taught her the most solid lesson I've ever taught about Church attendance and then she stayed up too late on Saturday and couldn't make it. I was a little bummed about that but I felt like we'd definitely done our part to get her there. Darn agency.
I went on splits twice this week. First I went with Elder Condie, one of the Zone Leaders here. We had a pretty good time. We convinced a guy to stop smoking and even got him to give us his cigarettes. We weren't really sure what to do with them after he gave them to us. We didn't want to put them in the investigator's trash can in case he felt the urge again so Elder Condie had a pack of cigarettes in his backpack as we looked for somewhere to put them.
I also went with the English Elders in my district. I'm really glad I'm not an English Elder. It's just different for them. People just take you less seriously and don't really listen as much. It was nice though because the Elder that I was with before had really struggled with his teaching and has been doing a lot better recently. I was impressed. I didn't think he'd really improve that much.
Elder Lemon's getting transferred. I'm gonna miss him. He's super nice. True, I maybe wish he could have communicated a little more, but he was a good guy. Now I have to live with the doubt of who my new companion's gonna be for the next day. I hope it's someone that I can just work with. That's what I really need right now.
I guess there's really nothing to do but keep going in the work of the Lord.
Love you guys,
Elder Grasley
No comments:
Post a Comment