Monday, September 24, 2012

Enjoy the Silence


Bleh. This week started out good but ended kinda less good. We just had a lot of people cancel appointments and a lot of disappointing things going on (like showing up at an investigator's house when they're a little tipsy). Also the Zone Leaders just happened to slash our miles midway through the month. "Thanks, I was really planning on driving 150 miles less at the beginning of the month which allowed me to plan accordingly and not be totally screwed for the last week." This came after they had already cut another 150 miles at the beginning of the transfer. The funny thing is that Zone Leaders never seem to be hurting for miles. We cover the whole stake and they gave us less miles than they have for one ward.
 
We might be having some general authorities visiting the mission in October. We'll have to see. President's told us some names but they could change at any time. Still, it'll be cool if the names he's told us do come. Let's just say that they're probably be an apostle paying us a visit!
 
The Branch Presidency assigned two talks for sacrament meeting this Sunday. We spent most of Sunday morning trying to convince one of the speakers not just to read the whole chapter from the pulpit. "But Nefi says it a lot better than I can." "I don't care if Nefi says it better Hermano, he's not the one giving the talk." We eventually won him over and he gave a pretty good talk after all. He even invited all the investigators to be baptized. It was a good thing he didn't just read the whole chapter too because the other lady who was speaking did exactly that. I wanted to say, "We're not in Catholic Church, you don't just read from the scriptures and call it good."

I got to go on a mini-split with Elder Lancaster because Elder Bartlett wasn't feeling well. 

I caught a snake the other day. It was just a little baby one but it was still pretty cool. I like the feeling of how they wrap around you.
 
We keep having people who try to talk to us about Mitt Romney and then look at us expecting something. I think they expect us to say, "Yeah, Mitt Romney's from our Church, you should vote for him." I normally just say that he's a member of our church and that's about it. I think people are a little bewildered when we don't just blindly campaign for Romney just because he's Mormon too.
 
Anyways, hopefully this next week will be a little better.
Love,
Elder Grasley

1 comment:

  1. What!?! You're not out pounding the streets for Romney? I thought that's what you were dispatched to do.
    People are so funny.
    You're in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete