Hello again,
Well, another week has come and gone. Time goes by really fast here on the mission. There's always something to do. I've started adjusting to having basically every minute of the day planned out and now I start to get annoyed when I'm not doing anything. It's weird how quickly I've started to adapt.
Yesterday none of our investigators came to Church. That was not fun. Church is kinda boring now when you don't have people to help find their classes or talk to. I hope we have more success with that next week.
Of course, we did have another baptism on Saturday and that was really cool. Benito, the husband of one of our recent converts, got baptized. It was cool to see him make that covenant with the Lord.
We're teaching and finding a lot of cool people right now. It's interesting how a lot of the people we think are cool at first later turn out to not be that interested, and a lot of the people who seem uninterested turn out to go really far. A lot of it is just that the people who are truly humble and ready to change are more genuine and don't try to just to please you during your lesson.
One thing I have noticed is that if people understand the significance of the Book of Mormon and read it, they almost always progress. The Book of Mormon is, like Pres. Benson said, the keystone of our religion. I finished it just today, and it's amazing how far my testimony of the book has come after reading it for the past two months. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it will bring a man closer to God than any other book. It's amazing to see how people's lives begin to change once they receive a testimony of its truthfulness. The hard part is getting them to actually try Moroni's promise. Many people just aren't willing or aren't ready to grasp the significance of it. The people who are truly ready, though, receive that testimony of the book when they search it out.
Overall, there hasn't been anything too exciting this past week. Mostly just adjusting to the mission. It's interesting to see how I've already begun to change. If it's under 70 degrees outside, it feels kinda chilly to me now. Of course, under 70 feels freezing to Elder Chipman, so I guess I still have a ways to go. I also realized this week that I know a hobo by name.
Well, that's about everything. Love you all. Don't forget to share the blessings of the Restored Gospel with those around you back home. It is infinitely easier for missionaries when the members help them out. The English missionaries in our mission actually baptize more than the Spanish missionaries and most of that is because the English wards have really stepped up and helped the English missionaries out by talking to their friends and neighbors about the Church.
Love,
Elder Grasley
No comments:
Post a Comment