Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Happy Easter everyone!
I got to sing in Church on Easter Sunday. I sang "I know that my Redeemer lives" in Spanish. Everyone in the ward loved it. It was nice to hear that all those years of voice lessons paid off. It was especially great to hear that even though I was pretty nervous and frightened, that I helped people in the congregation feel the Spirit.
We have a baptism coming up this Saturday! The 84 year old mother of one of the members of our ward wants to get baptized after 30 years of investigating the Church in Mexico. She's staying here in Phoenix until June and is going to visit the Temple in Salt Lake with her family. The day that she decided she wanted to get baptized was the day we stopped by to see that member and deliver some assignments to her husband who is in the High Priests. Her husband wasn't there but it was a perfect blessing of the Lord to send us to her house on that day. She said she'd been praying for us to come. Her mom is just a sweet little old lady who is a little forgetful and full of stories about her hometown in Mexico. She also likes to sing little songs during our lessons. But after 30 years of investigating the Church, she's finally ready to become a member.
We've seen a lot of blessings from the Lord recently. It's been nice to see some more success after a very slow month. It's really true that we receive no witness until after the trial of our faith.
I hope you all had a good Easter. I miss you guys a lot!
Elder Grasley

No comments:

Post a Comment