...I'm staying. Yes, I will be spending at least 6 months of my mission here in this tiny four square mile area. It's amazing how many people I recognize just going down the street. Still, it's a good place and there's definitely enough work for us here.
We have a super awesome new investigator. His name is Victor. He's going to college here. He walked several miles to get to church on Sunday (don't worry, we got him a ride back). We're really excited for him.
Other than that, the cool old grandma we were teaching and preparing for baptism is now in the hospital. Darn. We'll just have to wait until she gets out.
Today for P-Day, we ate lunch at a restaurant that makes sandwiches (tortas) Mexico City-style. They were really delicious. It's fun to be able to talk to waiters and cashiers in Spanish. They always seem to be pleasantly surprised to see four white men in white shirts and ties speaking Spanish.
If any of you ever get a chance to try a drink called horchata, do it. It's really tasty. It's a Mexican drink made from rice milk and cinnamon. We drink a lot of it whenever we go out to eat. It's kind of hard to find if you don't go to a real authentic Mexican restaurant, though. Still, it's really yummy.
Elder Peterson's very proud of Idaho potatoes. I told him I thought it was funny that the only thing Idaho could think to put on their license plates was "famous potatoes" and he started telling me all about how Idaho potatoes really are better than any other potatoes. It's also the thing he always tells Mexicans about where he's from. "I'm from Idaho. You know, with the potatoes."
It looks like it's starting to get hot here. I'm not looking forward to how sweaty I'm going to be. Still, my skin is getting pretty tan where it's not covered, and my hair's going blonder.
Love,
Elder Grasley
No comments:
Post a Comment