It's getting hot here in Phoenix. I miss winter a lot. Winter and fall are definitely my favorite seasons. Of course, as far as missionary work is concerned, hot is definitely preferable to cold.
This week was really more of the same. Our only really solid investigators still need to get married, and their boyfriends are scared of even talking with us. We're just kind of praying that it will all work out.
Cinco de Mayo does not seem like a very big holiday for Mexicans. I didn't really see any signs of celebration. That's definitely a sign that it's not a big Mexican holiday, because Mexicans love to have big fiestas. For Easter the park was packed with people and some families even had strung caution tape between trees to mark their turf. Although we did notice on our way to Church on Sunday that some people were using an elementary school to throw a party for Buddha's birthday. We sang happy birthday to Buddha in our truck.
I told some of you when I called home yesterday how I'm now a big fan of trailer parks. They're awesome. They're full of potential investigators, most of whom are outside because they don't want to spend all day in a tiny trailer. I've been told that trailers are actually fairly nice compared to the living conditions of a lot of the people in Mexico. I'm pretty sure if I moved back to my area after the mission, I'd live in a trailer.
Those of you who read my blog who are in college should send me a letter with your address if you'd like me to write to you over the summer.
Fun fact from the white handbook of missionary rules: any letters you send to general authorities or the general offices of the Church are returned to your mission president. I wonder how many mission presidents have received letters trying to complain about them to general authorities.
I've started reading one section from Lesson 3 in Chapter 3 of Preach My Gospel every day to start my studies. It's a really good way to learn about Jesus Christ and His Church.
Love,
Elder Grasley
No comments:
Post a Comment