Saturday, May 21, 2011

Busy Week

This week was actually really fun. I got to do some different things for a change, and that really helped a lot. It gets a little tiring spending most of your life in the same two square miles day in and day out.
On Friday I went on splits with the Assistants. That was really fun. I got to go up to their area in the northern part of the mission. They live in a small house on the side of the garage of a family who lives up there. It was tiny, but kinda cozy. It felt like I was camping. It was also weird to be in a place that was quiet. Where I live it's so noisy, even at night. On Saturday we had to listen to drunk Mexican karaoke while we were going to sleep. Entertaining, but not very peaceful.
I was on splits with Elder Falconer, who's only been AP for a couple of weeks. He's a really nice guy from British Columbia. We discussed leadership somewhat and he helped me to apply some of the principles of the Gospel of Christ to my teaching. We went tracting in some of the few trailer parks they have up there, and taught lesson one to a pretty cool family. It was mostly just nice to get out and see the rest of the mission for a change, as well as being in a truck all day.
I've added a crate to the back of my bike. I'll send pictures next week. I got tired of having to carry everything on my back all day, so I installed a crate. One of the members told me I'm a real Mexican now because my bike has a crate in back.
I really like Elder Bednar's talk on the Spirit of revelation from last conference. It's really helped me a lot to discover a growing testimony. I like the way he explains how revelation works and what we can expect. I especially like the part where he says to just be patient and keep the commandments and "you cannot go astray."
As far as investigators go, we're still teaching the old grandma. I'm not sure if I told you, but she somewhat lost her desires to be baptized, which was probably good because she was going a little fast. We've slowed it down. It's funny teaching her because she gets easily off topic. We just kinda go over to talk to her instead of really teaching set lessons. We're also still teaching the two women who need to get married. One of them shared her testimony with us and she surprised us with how strong her testimony was. She's even said that she may just kick her boyfriend out to get baptized. That made us excited.
Well, that's about all for this week.
Love,
Elder Grasley

No comments:

Post a Comment