In Encanto! Transfer news came this morning and I'm staying here. Elder Peterson is getting moved, though. I'm excited to see who my new companion is going to be. One elder I really get along with in our zone is getting moved, so I'm hoping that he gets sent up here. I doubt it will happen, but I can dream.
We lost two baptismal dates this week. That was pretty hard. Our one investigator who had a testimony of the truthfulness of our message got scared off by his family. He didn't even show up at Church on Sunday. That made us kinda sad. It talks about in Preach My Gospel how some people won't accept our message even when they receive a testimony that it is true. Elder Chipman reminded me of that when I was talking to him about it. It definitely comforted me about it. Plus I had a really spiritual experience in Church. I felt the Spirit really strongly during Sacrament Meeting. Elder Oaks has said that Sacrament Meeting can become close to the temple in terms of its sacredness to us if we approach it with the right attitude. We also had our one person left with a baptismal date come and she really liked Church. Overall, it was a good Sunday even though we had some disappointing things happen.
I do feel kinda bad for Elder Peterson. It would have been nice to baptize while we were a companionship. We worked hard every day and tried our best to help people come to Christ, so the rest was in the Lord's hands. I suppose we just had other things to learn from our time together. I have really learned a lot of good lessons over the past three months, even if I didn't necessarily want to learn them.
I'm excited to work with my new companion. Change is always nice.
As far as other things go, I have a growing list of least favorite phrases in Spanish. One of which is "Cuando me nazca." Cuando me nazca means "when I feel like it," (literally, when it is born to me). It's used like this: "I'll go to Church...cuando me nazca." A lot of people we talk to seem to expect that God will magically give them the desires to go to Church or keep the commandments. I try to explain that that's not how it works, but not of lot of people seem to want to believe that. So many people expect God to make things completely easy for them and don't seem to understand the need for trials and overcoming them.
Well, that's about all for this week. I'm excited for a new companion, not excited for the heat. (If you want to say "a really hot day" in Spanish, you call it a caloron. I've been using that phrase a lot.)
Love,
Elder Grasley
No comments:
Post a Comment