Well, I've new been with my new companion for a week. His name is Elder Cheadle. He's from Minnesota. There were 150 people in his high school, about 30 in his graduating class. His dad is an English teacher at his high school and also is an officer in the army. He served in Frankfurt at about the same time that Dad was there, but we're not exactly sure.
Elder Cheadle really likes music. He plays I think 4 instruments and likes to sing. He's also a big fan of the BYU Men's Chorus. Before the mission he was looking into taking either music or programming in college and wound up leaning more towards programming. He also has a girlfriend who just got baptized in Minnesota a few months ago. ;)
We've also found that we both like about the same sort of stuff. We both like music, singing, Flight of the Conchords, A Very Potter Musical, etc. It's funny because we'll quote something we like or start singing something and the other person will recognize it. Elder Chipman is frustrated that now he's the only one in the apartment who doesn't know about Flight of the Conchords. He used to call me and Elder Ray weird for liking them. Now he's the only one in the apartment who didn't listen to them before the mission.
It's been really nice being with Elder Cheadle. We're pretty similar people and we teach about the same. We don't really have to worry about the other person taking the lesson in a weird direction because we both seem to pretty much be on the same page teaching wise. It was weird at first because we started out teaching in a pretty unified way without any previous practice. Elder Cheadle is also the new district leader here in Encanto, and he's done an awesome job so far. Needless to say, we get along really well.
This week, the zone leaders found in their area the cousin of one of the sister missionaries in our ward. The Lord led them to her and now she has a baptismal date for the 9th. Hermana Urias is pretty excited. It's crazy that she'll be serving in the same ward where her cousin will get baptized. It's her last transfer too, so it has to feel pretty special to her.
I also had the hottest day of my life this past week. I think it got to 109 degrees. And we still have more to go. I'm gonna die. Just when I was getting used to the 90s the 100s hit. Oh well, I'll get used to those too. I've slept really really well since it started heating up. I fall asleep almost immediately after going to bed and don't wake up until the alarms go off in the morning.
Love,
Elder Grasley
No comments:
Post a Comment