I've been a missionary for over nine months now. A full baby. It's gone by pretty fast.
This week was pretty normal. The temperature's been going down, which has been really nice. The breeze actually feels cool now. I never thought I'd get to the point where upper 90s was awesome weather, but I'm there.
Our investigators are doing well. We should be having the baptism of a 10 year old from a less active family on Saturday. They're pretty good kids.
We've also been working with the family of the three baptisms we had last month. The father has been coming to Church every Sunday and last night we taught him the first lesson. It went well and the Spirit is really strong. His wife really wants him to get baptized. She wants him to be able to baptize their son when he turns 8. I talked about how Dad baptized Claire two weeks ago during the lesson. It's so great when the Church is like it's supposed to be and everyone follows Christ together as a family and supports each other. Hopefully the father, Rene, will continue progressing forward. He's a really great guy. He was telling us about how he never really believed in infant baptism and didn't want to baptize his children when they were little. He also told us last night that he's always prayed, but not the recited prayers, just talking with our Heavenly Father. He's really cool.
We have a training coming up this week on a special media campaign they're running here in Phoenix. Apparently they're going to be hitting the airwaves pretty hard with mormon.org advertisements and they're training us on how we should utilize the campaign. A Church media specialist is coming down to talk to us. It should be pretty interesting.
I've noticed recently that if I don't have my studies and read in the Book of Mormon in the mornings because of a service project or meeting or something, that I really don't feel as good throughout the day and in lessons. There's a lot of power in reading our Scriptures daily. Sometimes we don't exactly notice it, but if we take time for daily scripture study it definitely changes things. I love to have an hour everyday to just read in the scriptures and Preach My Gospel. Preach My Gospel is a great study guide, because it helps focus you on what's most important out of the scriptures.
Love,
Elder Grasley
No comments:
Post a Comment