Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One More Time

Transfer news came today. I'm staying where I'm at. That means the first year of my mission will be spent entirely at the MTC and in Encanto Central. Groundhog Day is now my favorite movie.
Elder Neves is getting transfered. I think I'm going to miss him. He's taught me a lot of things that I couldn't have learned from anybody else. I've learned a lot and I'm definitely a better missionary now because of it.
I'm also going to miss Elder Chipman. He goes home today. He was an awesome trainer and taught me how to work hard and be obedient. I'm going to miss having him around. Everyone was really sad to see him go. The ward really loves him. I'm going to miss him too. He was an example of just being solid and firm in everything he did. Of course, he was a little more excited to go home this week after receiving a letter from his girlfriend.
Things are still kinda slow in the area. I'm working on developing my faith that I will be led to those who need my message. Going tracting is one thing, but going tracting with faith is something different. We've mostly just been working with less actives and recent converts. One of the families we've been working with has been having a pretty difficult time and so we've been going over to visit them often. It's nice to see how the Gospel is helping them make it through a situation that I'm not sure that I could bear.
I'm excited to find out who my new companion will be. President Taylor has really been emphasizing the mission vision of two baptisms a month recently. Whoever it is, we're going to shoot for two baptisms in November. Just like it says in Ether 12, if we have faith, we can work miracles in our ability to bring others to the Gospel.
I've started telling people that our message is that Jesus Christ has a Church He's made for us. He wants us to be a part of it. It feels good to tell people that. I think everyone likes to feel that they're needed.
The new mormon.org video with Brandon Flowers from the Killers is pretty cool. It even has little clips of songs that I liked before the mission but can't listen to now. ;)
Love,
Elder Grasley

No comments:

Post a Comment