Monday, May 21, 2012

Icky Thump


About an hour ago my ingrown toenail was viciously destroyed by a podiatrist. My toe's still numb. It feels weird. The weirdest part was that to test how numb my toe was the doctor just pinched me as hard as he could with the hemastat. I totally couldn't feel a thing.
 
So, I'm glad that's over with. No more sharp pain whenever I bump my toe.
 
This week was actually really good. Our area's started picking up again after being dead for the past few weeks. We found some cool new people. One of them is this 16 year old kid we found when we were tracting. He's been studying with the Jehovah's Witnesses, but he doesn't seem to be super attached to their silly doctrines, which is good. We taught him the restoration up until Joseph Smith and then he taught us the rest basically. It was sweet. He was really in tune with the Spirit. We read in James 1:5 and he said, "So Joseph Smith asked God which Church was right and then God talked to him and told him that none of the Churches were right and that he would be a new prophet to put back all the things that were lost?" We were pretty amazed that he knew that without us teaching it to him or hearing the Joseph Smith story before. So he's pretty awesome and currently has a baptismal date for June.
 
I'm district leader again. President Taylor forgot to call me and tell me so he called me up right before transfer meeting and apologized. I thought it was pretty funny. And in the time that I would have spent at transfers we found 2 new investigators. So it all worked out. My district is the sister missionaries in our ward and then a set of English missionaries. This'll be the first time that I have to conduct splits so that'll be interesting.
 
Me and Elder Lemon have been doing great recently. We've really been teaching well together and have had some great lessons. I think we're really getting into a groove together. We have one person with a baptismal date and another person who just needs to see what date would work best. It's nice to see that after being diligent in some slow weeks it's finally paying off.
 
There's two new missionaries in our zone after transfers. One is named Elder Kamissoko and he's from Mali. He's the fourth member of the Church in that country. The other is Elder Cardoso from Brazil. He doesn't speak much English (or Spanish for that matter, which I'm sure makes communication pretty difficult). Just as a side note they are both hunt and peck typists.
 
This week we also had some cool experiences with less actives. After teaching one less active brother, I felt that I should offer to give him a blessing. He looked surprised and told me he was going to ask me for one after we finished teaching. I've learned on my mission that if I feel that I should offer a blessing just not to hesistate. We also had a brother who was worried because his wife and daughter and law were having problems crossing the border. The guards wouldn't let them through for some reason. So we said a prayer with him. He said that 5 minutes after we left they called and told him they'd made it through.
 
Well, I love you all.
Elder Grasley

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your encouraging benediction.

    Most Jehovah's Witnesses are decent folk who are trapped in an oppressive cult like organization the Watchtower society.
    The Watchtower core dogma is Jesus 'invisible' return or second coming October 1914,this is a false doctrine.
    Matthew 7:15-16 "Be on the watch for the false prophets,who come to you in sheep's clothing....."
    God bless-Danny Haszard FMI- dannyhaszard(dot)com

    ReplyDelete