Friday, February 3, 2012

How Great Thou Art

Things are looking up over here. Amazingly prepared people are turning
up right and left. One of our investigators got her answer that the
Book of Mormon is true and now we just need to pick a date for her to
get baptized. Elder Whipple's great. He's sort of like Austin Sharp
with less emotion. He has a bad habit of taking over lessons at times,
but he's working on it and it gives me a good opportunity to practice
patience.


We moved yesterday. A member of one of the English wards donated an
entire house to the mission. It's on a golf course. It's only three
bedrooms, but it's pretty nice compared to the apartments we lived in
before. There are six elders living in the house. We live with Elder
Harris and Elder Condie, the Zone Leaders, and two English elders,
Elder Northrup and Elder Estes. It's great living with Elder Harris
and Elder Condie. It's nice to have friends living with me. I'd missed having people that I can be myself around.



My teaching has really changed recently. I guess I'm just taking
things more seriously now. The day I found out from President that
Grandma died we taught a lesson about the restoration and the woman
started crying. I just feel like the things I've gone through have
made me a little more focused on the people and the gospel. It also
made me realize that if I trust in Heavenly Father and accept His
help, He will help me do more than I could have on my own. I have the
feeling our area is going to take off pretty soon.




I know that this Gospel is true. I know that through the Savior's
Atonement, everything can be fixed. I know that Grandma is in a better
place. I know that God has a plan in all things. I've really seen how
everything all fits together if we just trust in Him, although
normally we only see how much later.

Love,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment