This week has been interesting. First off, that baptism that we were going to have didn't happen. That was a little disappointing. But the guy actually made some really big steps this week and I think he'll be a lot more ready for his baptism when it comes.
It's been getting hot again. You can tell it's hot here in Phoenix when the wind doesn't cool you down. It feels like you're living in a blow dryer. On Saturday we biked around 20 miles or so. I'm totally in love with the 80 cent 42 oz. Thirst Busters they sell at Circle K. So yeah, I've been getting all gross and sweaty again and I'm starting to get these lovely salt deposits from my sweat drying on my clothes.
We've been working a lot on inviting members to help out with our investigators recently. Our goal is to invite a member to do something for an investigator every day. So far it's going really well and I think it'll help the ward get more excited about being involved. I think you'll always be a little disappointed if you just expect people to do things of their own free will. A little reminder goes a long ways.
We've been working with a lot of part member families recently. Those are missionary gold. We're pretty excited for this one young couple in our ward. The husband is less active and his wife's a nonmember. They just moved from Mexico. The wife normally hasn't seemed very interested but the last time we went by she listened to us and said she'd like to learn more when we asked her. We also had a fun experience last night when we went by a less active and her nonmember husband was super happy to see us and invited us in but she didn't even come out of her room to say hi to us. That was kinda weird.
We're trying to work more in this secret Mexican part of our area. It's way down in the corner of our ward and it takes a lot of miles to get to but it's absolutely filled with Mexicans. It reminds me a lot of Encanto in terms of how ghetto it is.
I'm really sorry to hear about Bryce Shiffler. I'll be sure to keep them in my prayers.
Love,
Elder Grasley
No comments:
Post a Comment