Friday, April 27, 2012

Labios Compartidos

This week we tracted. A lot. Sometimes that's what you've gotta do.
We're trying to think of more creative ways to find, but in the end
sometimes you've just gotta bite the bullet and knock some doors. It's
not super successful, but I tend to believe that it brings blessings
in other areas when we show our obedience and diligence.

Yesterday was interesting. A high councilman was speaking and so I had
to translate the whole Sacrament Meeting, which I normally find pretty
fun. It's a nice challenge. The only annoying part is when they say
things that don't work in Spanish or when I don't have the vocab word
to describe what they're saying. Fortunately there wasn't too much of
that. So I finished translating the first speaker and Elder Lemon told
me he needed to go to the bathroom. We were singing a hymn so there
was no translation needed so I went out with him. Instead of heading
for the bathroom, he went straight for the door outside, which seemed
like an interesting choice. He then proceeded to throw up on some
bushes outside the Church. I felt really sorry for him. It didn't seem
like a very fun experience.

He recovered pretty fast and toughed out the rest of Sacrament Meeting
so I could translate the next talk. What a trooper. We spent the rest
of the day yesterday at home. I got some members to watch him while I
went to ward council. It was funny because they kept trying to
convince him that Mexican chicken soup couldn't possibly make him sick
to his stomach. They seemed pretty disappointed that he didn't believe
them. I suggested that maybe menudo would help. He didn't seem to
believe that either.

He's been doing much better today, thankfully. I told him his wife
must be getting a lot hotter after yesterday.

Other than that it was kind of a slow week. We helped out with the
youth conference our ward put on on Saturday. That was fun, although
it was windy and cold, which was strange for Phoenix. I've decided I'm
going to die when I go back to Portland. I find slightly cold days
absolutely freezing now.

Hopefully we'll have a baptism this week. Our investigator's all
ready, we just need to talk with him and set it up.

So yeah, it was kind of a slow week. Hopefully next week there'll be
more to talk about. Or maybe it's true that no news is good news.

Love,
Elder Grasley

No comments:

Post a Comment