So, our baptism we were going to have this Sunday had to be pushed back. Our investigator's still working on some things. That was a little disappointing. She's on track to be baptized still in a few weeks, but it was still a bit of a bummer having that setback.
A certain companionship in my district didn't teach a single lesson last week. That's just incomprehensible to me. To me it would be awful to not even teach a single lesson. You know you're not doing what you should be if you didn't teach anyone at all in an entire week. I'm definitely glad that we work hard enough so that we have people to teach in our area. I've had some slow spots during my mission but I've definitely never had a week go by where I didn't do any teaching at all.
We had dinner with our old bishop on Sunday and he told us about how he'd been questioned by the federal investigators about the church arson. Apparently he became a little suspicious when the Church burned down right after he was released. I thought that was pretty funny. It seems like the investigators didn't understand that normally Mormon bishops feel more relieved than jealous about being released as bishop.
We're also excited because mormon.org is now in Spanish. That's really nice because it always felt a little useless on the Spanish end of things to send people to it since it was all in English. All the trainings we had on mormon.org felt a little pointless.
Fun Mexican culture fact: Chancla is the word for flip-flop. It's also the word for what gets thrown violently at you if you make your mom really mad.
Anyways, not a whole lot went on this week. Just kinda same old same old.
Love,
Elder Grasley
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete