Monsoon season hit this week. It's disappointed me a little. I always expect a little more than ten minute rain bursts. The funny thing about Phoenix is that it can rain one hour and an hour later you wouldn't even know it rained aside from the humidity. That's normally how you can tell if it's rained overnight, if it looks exactly the same but it feels like a sauna outside. We even got a mini haboob yesterday.
This week has been good. We set up a baptismal service for this coming Sunday. It's been cool to see the change in our investigator. She's really worked at developing her own testimony. I think I'm getting better at telling who's ready for our message, because when I first met her I knew she'd go pretty far. It's getting easier to discern who's really interested and who's not. It's also a nice sense of accomplishment for me because we found her tracting. I was looking at it and most of my baptisms in the mission have come because we were out working and talking to people on our own iniciative.
We also talked to the kid who was gonna get baptized a few months ago and he told us he's ready for baptism now. The only bad thing is he moved to Gilbert. So the mesanaries will get a nicely prepared guy to baptize, but that's okay, we were there for the conversion and that's what really counts. Still, it's kinda nice when you can be there for the baptism too.
Our Bishop said on Sunday that we're gonna start having PEC meetings at 7am. That means we'll have to get up at 5:30. He just about killed me. I'm already sleepy enough in Church on Sundays. I fight every Sunday to stay awake when Church is so early and I'm tired from a week of proselyting. So far I haven't fully fallen asleep but I've definitely got close.
Also, our recent convert, Licet, who got baptized in March is engaged! That made me happy. It was about time too. Every time she went to California to visit her boyfriend and didn't come back with a ring I'd wonder what the guy was doing. But it's sweet that she's gonna get married in the temple in less than a year. She's probably the solidest person I've ever taught, but I think a lot of that is thanks to her member boyfriend. He's awesome.
The burned down Church is gonna get demolished and they're gonna build a new one. That's good. They said the new one is gonna be bigger, which is good cause the old one was kinda small. Hopefully they won't have a low-ceilinged chapel like the old one. It made Sacrament Meeting weird.
Well, I love you guys.
Take care,
Elder Grasley
Is haboob an appropriate word for a missionary?
ReplyDelete;)
You're in our prayers!