This week has been yet another busy week. We got some bad news. Our investigator who was going to get baptized in the coming month with the rest of his family is on probation and will have to wait another three months until he can get baptized. The story of how he got on probation is especially frustrating. His dad gave him a pistol as collateral for some money he loaned him. He was tight on money one week and his dad still hadn't repaid him so he decided to pawn the pistol. When he went to the pawn shop the gun turned up as stolen so he was arrested for possession of a stolen firearm. So he just was really unlucky more than anything. Still, he'll have to wait a few months to get baptized, which is a bummer, especially since he really didn't do anything morally wrong, just legally wrong.
Interviews were good this week. I found out how difficult it is to clean a car with a white body and gray upholstery. I definitely crossed that color combination off my list of future car purchases. It was about the most unforgiving combination possible. I always like talking to President Taylor. He really helps me to get a good perspective on the work.
It's starting to get cooler here. I'm glad. After two years in Arizona I'm done with the heat. I want actual seasons again.
We keep teaching a lot of families. I really like it. It feels good to teach actual families instead of just the husband or the wife.
This week we've got the meeting with Elder Andersen of the Twelve. Also it's going to have Elder Maynes of the Pres. of the Seventy and Bishop Causse of the Presiding Bishopric. I'm excited. It's like a mission superbowl. We'll be meeting in the meetinghouse right next to the construction site for the Phoenix temple.
Love you guys,
Elder Grasley
No comments:
Post a Comment