I'm sorry to hear that Grandpa Keelie passed away. That was unexpected. It's really nice to have the Gospel in our lives. I've been thinking about what the Book of Mormon teaches about how we're the same after this life as we are in this life. Grandpa really loved the Gospel and his family and so I know he still loves them just as much. It's nice to know that we can take that with us. It feels good to know that he lived a good life and now he's moved on to continue his service on the other side of the veil. Tell everybody there that I miss them and love them.
Things here have been going well. We had a good week. We had a really great experience on Monday when we watched Together Forever (the kitschy 80s Church movie) with our investigator family that's waiting until the husband can get off probation. At the end of the movie they told us that they'd actually lost an 8 month old boy and hadn't told us about it previously. We told them that they would be able to see their son again because of Jesus Christ and his Atonement. The Spirit was really strong. It was great to be able to give them that hope that they would be able to be together as a family again. I really love that message that we bring to the world.
Well, I'm on my last transfer now. Man time's flown by. We're still waiting for transfer news. I'll send a small email later on today with the results. I know that at least I'm staying, but Elder Scott's still at little up in the air.
I also filled out my ballot this week. Good old Oregon. Still full of stupid ballot measures. I thought some of the blatant power/money grabs were funny, like allowing people to make private casinos across the whole state or limiting salmon fishing only to sport fishers. I was sad that Pavel Goberman didn't make it to the general elections this time. He's always good for a laugh.
On Sunday we had another mariachi sing-a-long get-together. I like those. I'm learning that most Mariachi songs are about either drinking or womanizing. They're kinda funny with how upfront they are about their vices. One song that I find pretty catchy has a chorus that goes like this: "What will I do if Cholita wants to get married? What will I do if I'm married to somebody else?" That's a pretty typical sample of how some of the songs go.
I can't believe I've just got 40 days left. Gotta make em count. I've had a great time doing this for these past two years.
Love you all,
Elder Grasley
Hey, those mariachi songs will come in handy at your wedding!
ReplyDeleteYou've been in our prayers extra hard this week.
Love you!
Aunt Jeri