General Conference was really awesome. The announcement on lowering the missionary ages was cool. It doesn't really affect me because I'll be out of the mission before the first 18 year olds start arriving. I think the big change is going to be in sister missionaries. I'd expect to see a lot more sister missionaries now that they don't have to wait forever to go on a mission. It's also cool that they cut MTC time by a third. Less MTC is always good.
Some of my favorite talks were Elder Cook's talk and President Eyring's talk. I noticed there were a lot of talks this conference on conversion. I think it's pretty safe to say that there are a lot more members of the Church than people converted to the Gospel. I also liked Elder Scott's talk. It made me want to do family history.
One of the old high priests in the English wards here was intrigued by President Monson mentioning in Priesthood session that he called a priest as a branch president once. He seemed to take that as a suggestion from President Monson that now we should start making a whole bunch of branches and make priests as branch presidents. He excitedly told us that now we'd probably have two more Spanish branches in the Verde Valley. I'm glad he's not Stake President.
This week was good missionary work wise. We found 10 new investigators this week, which was cool. We've been teaching a lot of families recently. It's weird because I've almost never taught families before (stubborn Mexican husbands). But we've got about 4 couples we're teaching which is cool but weird.
We're going to be having a special mission conference soon. Elder Andersen and some other general authorities are going to be here in the mission briefly and we'll get the opportunity to listen to them as a mission. I'm pretty excited. It's nice because it's going to be a meeting just for us missionaries.
In more mundane news I found some cool Mexican shoes at a yard sale. They're pointed. Just ten bucks. Also I've improved my basketball shot. I can actually make free throws somewhat consistently now. Weird.
Love you guys,
Elder Grasley
No comments:
Post a Comment